The funeral of the late Mr. Andrew Geddes, mill storekeeper of Millars’ Timber and Trading Co. Ltd., Yarloop, was conducted on Friday, August 3, in the Church of England portion of the Karrakatta Cemetery and was attended by a large and representative gathering of mourners and friends. The late Mr. Geddes was born at Dalkeith, Scotland, in August 1853, and arrived in Western Australia in 1891. Shortly after, his arrival he joined the service of Messrs W. J. George and Coy, in the Black Swan Foundry and remained with them until the foundry was closed down. He then entered the service of Millars’ and had been stationed at Yarloop for the past 23 years where he was widely respected by a large circle of friends. He was intimately associated with all movements for the common good of the district and for many years had been Lay Reader for the Diocese of Bunbury.
Andrew Geddes and his wife, Christina Rankin Geddes nee McKinnon.
He is survived by his widow, two daughters and two sons, ten grand-children and four great-grand-children. The chief mourners were Mrs. Christina Geddes, widow, Mrs. W. K. Anderson and Mrs. W. Sampson, daughters; Mr. R. A. Geddes, son; Mrs. R. A. Geddes, daughter-in-law; Messrs G. A. and W. D. Anderson; Misses Ina Anderson, Alma Anderson and Jean Geddes, grand-children, and Mr. and Mrs. Norman Anderson. The pall bearers were Messrs N. Temperley, J. Craig, E. L. Webster and W. R. Turner (of Millars’ head office), F. Banner (Yarloop), and the Hon. W. J. George, M.L.A. Many beautiful wreaths and floral tributes were sent. The service at the graveside was conducted by the Rev. C. L. Riley and the funeral arrangements were carried out by Messrs D. J. Chipper and Son.
(Bunbury Herald and Blackwood Express) 10 August 1928.